Heating & Plumbing


Landlord Certificates

As a landlord, you are responsible for the safety of gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for your tenants (Gas Safety Regulations 1998). Annual gas safety checks should be carried out within 12 months of the installation of a new appliance or flue which you provide and annually thereafter by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. At SSL Heating & Plumbing, we can check all your gas appliances and issue you and your tenant with a gas safety certificate. We can arrange access directly with your tenant saving you the time and effort.



Gas Safety Checks


All gas appliances should be serviced every year regardless of whether you rent or own a property. Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning remains the biggest silent killer and very often it is caused by poor maintenance of an appliance (i.e. regular servicing & inspection checks). It is also a requirement of your building insurance that all gas appliances are regularly maintained and in an event of a claim may invalidate your insurance!


Although gas appliances can be potentially dangerous, plumbing problems, such as leaks, faulty valves and controls are more common domestic issues. We offer inspection and test of all aspects of your plumbing systems and will give you a detailed breakdown of what we find, with solutions to any problems.


If you need a plumber in the Bolton or Greater Manchester area, call us now for a fast response on 01204 381421 or 07748448760




Are you Gas Safe?


Make sure you know who's working on your gas appliances. All legal and qualified engineers must be registered on the Gas Safe register. If the person and company are not on the register, it is illegal for them to carry out any work and in doing so you run the risk of unsafe practices. At SSL Heating & Plumbing, we'll aways carry Gas Safe ID .